Due date for 2018 – October 31
Award notification – December 15
Earliest start date – January 1, 2019
Since 1998 Kidneeds has awarded $1,500,000 in research grants that have helped us learn a great deal about DDD. Kidneeds has also organized multiple international conferences focused on C3G.
1) The 1st international conference on DDD was held in Boston, MA August 13-14, 2004. The following year, Kidneeds-funded scientists formed the DDD Collaboratory, a virtual center of excellence for DDD research and the only one of its kind in the world devoted to DDD. Six internationally recognized scientists joined the DDD Collaboratory and through this virtual center, they worked together to advance our knowledge of DDD.
2) The 2nd DDD Focus Group Meeting was held August, 2006, as a Hinxton Retreat in Cambridge, England. Hinxton Retreats are invitation-only meetings of exceptionally high quality. The 2nd DDD Focus Group Meeting was designated a Conference of Excellence and was sponsored in part by the Wellcome Trust, UK, the NIDDK-NIH, and the Milagros Research Fund. At the conference, scientists recommended adopting the disease name to DDD instead of using the name MPGN Type 2, which does not adequately describe the disease.
3) The 3rd DDD Focus Group Meeting was held August 15-17, 2008, again as a Hinxton Retreat. This Focus Group Meeting was also designated a Conference of Excellence and was sponsored by the Wellcome Trust, UK, the Milagros Research Fund, the NIDDK and the NIH Office of Rare Diseases (ORD).
4) The 4th DDD Focus Group Meeting was held on August 20, 2011 in Leiden, The Netherlands, immediately before the 13th European Meeting on Complement in Human Disease.
5) The 5th C3G (C3GN/DDD) Focus Group Meeting was held on June 26, 2015 in Uppsala, Sweden immediately before the 15th European Meeting on Complement in Human Disease. It was the largest Focus Group Meeting to date. The name C3G (for C3 Glomerulopathy) was adopted, reflecting advances in our understanding of DDD and a similar disease, C3 Glomerulonephritis (C3GN), both now classified as subtypes of C3G.
6) The 6th C3G Focus Group Meeting will be held on September 8, 2017 in Copenhagen, Denmark as a satellite meeting immediately before the 16th European Meeting on Complement in Human Disease.
If you would like to apply for a Kidneeds grant, please download the application and instructions below. You may direct any questions about the application process to Dr. Richard Smith at email@example.com.